THE REPENTANCE

Friday, June 24, 2005

Bigger fish


Am I so small,
that I may be served up proper
for the bigger fish?
Dressed as a poor man,
an appetizer dish.
Dressed as a rich man,
would truly be my wish,
so I may delay being eaten
by the bigger fish.
I’m not exactly Jonah
or the old man in the sea.
Perhaps more like Captain Ahab
If time has its way with me.
Consumed by times indenture,
like plankton in the sea.
I am nether a mackerel,
nor a sea anemone.
Perhaps I am the middle fish,
as bigger fish would see.
Richard A. Chapman

Today's Quote:
"What we do in Life, Echos in Eternity." ~Gladiator

1 Comments:

  • The Lion Fish is an interesting creature. Indeed, it isn't very big, as far as fish in the ocean go; however, each of those spines on it's back are filled with a toxin. In humans, the toxin causes extreme pain; and, with larger fish can cause death. It's just as bad for the fishy preditors it meets in the sea.

    By Blogger J Man, at June 28, 2005 10:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home